Tuesday, November 1, 2011

D is for Dalyn

Given names are usually chosen by our parents and given at birth. They often tell us more about the parents than the owner of the name.

I love the name bestowed by my parents - 麗萍 (Li Ping). My family adopted traditional naming schemes. This is a pattern using generation names as part of two-character given name. Li is the generation name given to me and female cousins in my Chia family.



Three years ago, I was blessed to choose my baptised name. At that time, I was known as Lynn. But I wanted a name that I will be proud of. A name that become part of my personality. A unique name that will stand the test of time.


Dalyn! Part of my email address since millennium year. Dalyn\d(a)-lyn, dal-yn\as a boy's name is a variant of Daylon (American). I didn't know this is a name, let alone it's a male name. Dalyn originated in English and the meaning of the name is a historical blacksmith with supernatural powers. I don't believe in such powers.


I feel this name is a gift from my Heavenly Father, even long before I got to know Him. Isn't life wonderful? So, D is for Dalyn (pronounced as 'de-lyn').

No comments:

Post a Comment