Thursday, October 11, 2012

Precious are the tears

Precious photo of my mama, Siong & me.
6th uncle's wedding at our kampong place.
I used to ponder if I die, would anyone cry for me. 

Recently, my brother dreamt that I pass away. He cried and kept call out my name. Miraculously, his tears brought me back to life. He woke up with tears all over his face. He was still crying. He told his wife about his dream. He told her "I love my sister; I really do." 

Having heard this, I had my tear troughs filled. I had similar dreams before. I can feel his heartache for losing someone dear. Nothing discloses the inward state of a human heart more than do tears.

Siong and I in 1999
As a child, I didn't appreciate having Siong as my younger brother. Being 18-months apart, I was sent to Ah Jia (maternal grandmother). My young mother couldn't cope with two children. I had to put up with his teachers' complaints about his mischiefs during primary school days. My female classmates pestered me for more information on my brother as they were interested in him. I warned him not to study in the secondary school I was in. Very often, folks would mistaken that he was my older brother. 

Kevin & I in 2012

During growing up years, my brothers acted like they didn't care! But I always know they look out for me. They are always there for me. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We remember family feuds and secrets., family griefs and joys. It's no coincidence that we are siblings. 

To my brothers, I love you with all my might. You are my brothers. 

With love from your one and only sister (And there is no other.)

No comments:

Post a Comment